Guidelines and Information for commissioned work:
- Please browse my gallery of works to get an idea of the kind of art I do. I don't do real-life or realistic. I don't do copies of existing work (including my own) but I can do versions or re-interpretations translated into the forms of the Wildforest. I don't do fan-art or depiction of copyrighted characters.
- I wish to keep all work within the theme of The Impossible Garden & The Wildforest. This means every piece will be just a little bit odd or fantastical! Colours will be bright or intense, often with iridescent highlights. I will often use a mix of mediums : watercolour, gouache, inks, paper ephemera, etc.
- The ideal brief for me is key words or key phrases rather than a too-detailed list of instructions. Colour selection/combination is my decision as the artist but client can specify a colour theme, e.g. lots of blues, less pinks, primarily reds, etc. Client may also send a colour reference image but be aware that it will be a reference and not an exact palette. Client may also inform of critical don'ts, e.g. no bugs, no snakes, no sharp teeth, etc.
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission that will compromise my own creative values and vision.
- Fee per art piece is determined according to the following variables:
- Materials used
- Complexity (this includes how many requirements are given in the brief, amount of detail required, ease or difficulty of concept/subject)
- Shipping or delivery fee is a separate charge. Options can be discussed during briefing.
- Framing is client's responsibility. I currently don't have a framing service or supplier at hand. Options can be discussed during briefing.
- If the commissioned work is large or require the purchase of special materials, a partial downpayment is required to cover cost of materials.
- I work on the piece and present the finished work when it is done. I don't send work-in-progress nor do I accept revisions during the work. I will, however, inform of amount of progress and target finish date.
- Timetable varies depending on whether I have dayjob projects or other commissions.
- If the finished work is unsatisfactory for whatever reason, client does not have to pay but I keep the artwork and all rights to it. Any downpayment will be refunded accordingly.
For inquiries about commissioning paintings and other possible art items (e.g. handmade bookmarks, handlettered quotes with painting flourishes, etc.) please send a message here.
To view previous commissioned work please click here.